In this hectic segment of business, shippers must ship, track, and insure hundreds of shipments per month. There’s no time for single certificates and no room for high costs. With high volume shipping, flexibility is paramount. For your convenience, we have monthly direct reporting for our high volume shipping customers. One monthly certificate, one monthly bill, and there’s no easier way to fill your high volume cargo insurance needs with no long commitments.
Is High Volume Shipper Cargo Insurance Right for Me?
Are an international or domestic shipper who ships 100, 200, even 500 loads per month of similar freight to similar destinations? If so, you can now secure cargo insurance for land, sea, or air transit without having to sign a contract and pre-pay for the whole year with High Volume Shipper Cargo Insurance. Sorry, no parcels e.g. FedEx/UPS/USPS.
How Does it Work?
The system is fairly simple. We collect information pertaining to your shipments such shipping lanes, volume, freight type, loss history, and shipper’s experience. We take the information to our underwriter and terms, conditions, and costs are negotiated on your behalf. Once we have the cost and conditions worked out, we present them to you for review.
If you like the cost and terms and wish to get started, we pick a ‘start date’ and the insurer will accept the risk for all shipments shipped within the terms of the agreement from that date.
What are the Advantages?
- The system is very cost effective. You will find it competitive to a shipper’s interest yearly policy.
- Unlike a yearly shipper’s interest policy, only what actually ships gets insured. There is no premium paid for cargo that never ships. This can save a good deal of money in an environment of fluctuating monthly shipping numbers.
- Only one certificate per month and one invoice per month. Your accounts payable people will love you!
- The ability to expand if needed. If you need to expand to an additional mode of transportation or lane, we work with the underwriter to make it happen.
- Stable rates to make it easier to cost factor when bidding projects or considering expansions. If you know the value you will ship, you will know the cargo insurance cost!
If you have any questions on direct reporting, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to work with you to assess whether it’s right for your needs.
To fill out a sheet telling us about your lanes of traffic, contact us today or give us at a call at 904-781-6531.